Monday 1 May 2017

Wild Europe - Part 2

Finally we are on our way, continuing our tour of European wildlife sites travelling today from home to Germany via the Dover - Dunkirk ferry. 
I had planned to depart on 21st April, then the 28th but finally got away today on the 1st May. The delays have stemmed from the decision we took last Autumn to change our camper van. It should have been ready in March but for a variety of reasons the conversion was delayed and we finally picked it up on Friday!
Last year I had to return home from Bulgaria and I have decided to pick up the journey from Poland. So, after a brief stop in Berlin we are heading for Eastern Poland and the Bialowieza Forest. We will then head north via the Biebrza marshes before entering Latvia. Travelling north up the Latvian coast before Pam flies home from Riga. 
I am then continuing through Lithuania and Estonia and crossing the Gulf of Finland to Helsinki then travelling north close to the Russian border and in to Norway where I will finally travel up to Varanger. Not sure of the route home from there yet, but Pam will probably join me for the return drive at the end of June or early July. 
I'll be posting updates of the journey here and on my twitter feed which you can also see on this page.
Planned Route

No comments:

Post a Comment